Three Delaware Homes Damaged By Fire, One In Each County

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating three separate fires that occurred Thursday and Friday.

Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Robert Fox said investigators are investigating a mobile home fire that occurred this morning in Minquadale.

The Minquadale Fire Company Fire Company was alerted to a fire in the unit block of 4th Street in the Minquadale Trailer Park. Upon arrival they found heavy fire and smoke conditions coming from the residence. Multiple Fire Departments were called to assist.

Fox said Deputies from The State Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene to conduct an investigation.

No injuries were reported and the residence is a total loss added Fox. He estimated the damage at approximately $150,000.

Chief Deputy Scott Bullock is investigating two other fires that occurred yesterday in Kent County and Sussex County.

Bullock said investigators are investigating a house fire that occurred yesterday, January 6, 2022, in Frederica, Kent County. The fire was reported at 12:50 PM, by the home’s occupants, in the 500 block of Otter Way, in the Otter Run development. The Frederica Volunteer Fire Company along with several nearby mutual aid fire departments responded to the call and arrived with heavy fire and smoke involving the 2 story home. The fire was placed under control at 2:00 PM with no injuries reported.

Deputy State Fire Marshals responded to the scene to investigate the cause of the fire and determined the fire originated in the attached garage, but the cause of the fire remains under investigation said Bullock.

Later on Thursday investigators began an investigation into a house fire in Greenwood, Sussex County. Bullock said that the fire, in the 1100 block of Deep Grass Lane, was accidental.

At 9:21 PM the Houston Volunteer Fire Company responded to the call and arrived with a detached shed fully involved with fire, spreading to the dwelling. Additional neighboring fire companies also responded to assist.

The fire was placed under control shortly before 10:30 PM. Bullock said the fire originated in a nearby shed and spread to the residence. The cause of the fire was determined to be a failure with an operating electrical heat lamp inside the shed. Damages are estimated at $5000 with no injuries reported.

The Red Cross is assisting the occupants of the homes damaged by fire.