Just after 10:40 Friday morning firefighters from Singerly Fire Company along with firefighters from surrounding companies respond to the 500 block of Nottingham Road in Elkton for reports of a house fire.
Upon arrival, crews found a working house fire and reported it was a two-story, single-family dwelling. Primary and secondary searches for occupants were negative, all occupants were out of the home.
During the incident, a Singerly Fire Company fell from a second-floor deck. He was treated on scene by EMS and flown to Shock Trauma by Maryland State Police Aviation Command. He is expected to recover from his injuries officials said.
The fire, which officials say started in a second-floor bedroom, caused an estimated $250,000 in damages according to the Fire Marshal’s office.
A total of three people were present when the fire broke out officials said Friday. Two were outside, while the third was inside when he discovered the fire. Multiple dogs were able to escape safely.
Officials said the home was originally built before 1930 and has been renovated numerous times. The home was under renovation again, and the property includes 40 acres to house 18 horses.