This morning around 10:45 am smoke from a heat pump located on the 5th floor triggered the fire alarm at the CEB building, according to Mark Duncan, VP of Development for the Community Education Building.
Duncan said all students and staff evacuated and the Wilmington Fire Department responded. The heat pump was disabled. The isolated area on the 5th floor was quickly cleared of smoke. At approximately 11:15 am, the Fire Department determined that it was safe for re-entry.
We thank the Wilmington Fire Department for their quick response and commend the entire CEB Community and student body for a job well done added Duncan.