Early last night, an accidental two-alarm apartment building fire broke out in Wilmington, Delaware, leaving an estimated $50,000 in damages and relocating two tenants.
The blaze was reported to the Talleyville Fire Company at 11:00 pm in the Brandywine Hundred Apartments located at 402 Foulk Road in North Wilmington. Firefighters arrived to find flames visible from the second floor.
Upon entering the building, firefighters encountered an active fire raging inside a second-floor apartment that was eventually determined to have been caused by a mechanical malfunction within a wall-mounted heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) unit. Fortunately, there were no reported injuries.
Michael Chionchio, Assistant State Fire Marshal, said The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that last night’s two-alarm apartment building fire was accidental. Fire damage was estimated at $50,000. Two occupants have been relocated.